Braces can help your appearance and function. We promise that straighter teeth will help you smile more often!
Minor braces we do right here in our office. For more complex cases we refer to an orthodontist.
When straightening your teeth, you have options:
The best solution for you depends on your unique situation. We will work with you to determine the most appropriate type of braces.
1. What about “Invisalign” braces?
In some cases, Invisalign may be an option, but it is not free of issues. Invisalign is offered by Orthodontists.
2. When is the best age to get braces?
If you want to improve the look and feel of your smile, then any age can be a great age. In most cases, 12 to 14 years of age is the best time to get braces.
3. How can I take care of my teeth if I’m wearing braces or a retainer?
4. How long do I have to wear my braces?
The amount of time spent in braces will vary. Treatment times can take anywhere between six and 30 months.
5. Do braces hurt?
No, braces do not hurt. You may feel some discomfort for a couple of days after placement and adjustments as your teeth and oral tissues get used to your braces.
6. Do I need to brush my teeth more often if I have braces?
Yes. Because there is more “stuff” in your mouth, you need to take extra care. Brush after each meal. Floss at least once a day.
7. If I have braces, do I still need regular dental checkups?
Yes. If you are wearing braces, you still need regular dental checkups. The orthodontist will NOT check for cavities!